Monday, December 16, 2013

MyMagic+ rollout going well, Disney exec says

Contrary to some of the other comments that have leaked out from the Mouse House but...

Walt Disney Co. Chief Financial Officer Jay Rasulo said even though the rollout of MyMagic+ is taking longer than hoped for, the theme park company is pleased with what it's seeing in terms of behaviors in the use of it, the Orlando Sentinel reports. 
Rasulo's comments came at a conference last week organized by UBS Securities LLC. He said Disney expects to recoup its investment in the billion-dollar MyMagic+ project in two ways: One, as people do their vacation planning from home, they tend to plan more of their time at Walt Disney World since they are less bombarded by other things they can do in Orlando. Second, since the technology lets Disney know where the person using it is in their itinerary, it allows the theme park to not only look at ways to enhance the visit but also up-sell.

The cronut has arrived

yum...cronuts now available at Epcot

Friday, December 13, 2013

A little back history

Always love reading a little more about the back's a little more around the post-Roy years.